Happy Saturday, Brooklyn! I’m your host Patrick Murray here with 3 new tracks to start your weekend.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Heavy snow early with highs of 20 and lows of 13.
Here are the top stories in Brooklyn today:
- Environmental activists urge the state to block a permit that would grant a controversial upgrade to a Greenpoint natural gas plant. National Grid’s plant plans include adding two new liquid gas vaporizers. Environmental groups are fighting to prevent new fossil-fuel machines from being set up in the city. (THE CITY)
- Regal UA attributed the closure of the long-running Court Street Theater on lease disagreements. The company claimed it was unable to complete negotiations with the landlord for fair and sustainable rent. Although often bringing a rowdy environment to life, the theater was loved by many downtown Brooklyn residents. (Brooklyn Daily Eagle)
- LaGuardia Airport recently received major upgrades at Terminal B, which serves American Airlines, JetBlue, Air Canada and many other major airlines. Improvements include a new west airbridge, as well as a second concourse. (Brooklyn Daily Eagle)
Today in Brooklyn:
- Celebrating the Year of the Tiger at the Sunset Park Library. (10am)
- Pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinic for children. (10:30 a.m.)
- Popped Collar Comedy, free stand-up on House party cafe and lounge. (9 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Generous donations have continually enabled the Brooklyn Community Foundation do a great job for the community. (Facebook)
- A new 274-unit building planned at 275, rue Lorimer in Williamsburg. (New YorkYIMBY)
- More snow is expected to fall this weekend as New York comes under winter storm watch. (AMNI)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Other classified ads:
Do you like the Brooklyn Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re all caught up for today! See you soon.
— Patrick Murray