LINCOLN CITY, Ind. (WEHT) – A local hall is ready to welcome concertgoers for its 35th anniversary. The Lincoln Amphitheater offers a series of performances as diverse as the venue has seen since the Indiana Destination Development Corporation took over its day-to-day management in 2015.
The 2022 Lincoln Amphitheater Series marks the seventh summer of a unique partnership and management agreement between the Indiana Destination Development Corporation (IDDC) and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (IDNR). IDDC is part of Lieutenant Governor Suzanne Crouch’s business family.
The 2022 season will see a number of tribute performances to some of the most beloved and recognizable music the world has ever known and is bolstered by award-winning Americana band The Lone Bellow, blues sensation Ana Popovic and Henry’s own by Indiana Lee Summer.
The summer series will be anchored by a three-night run of “Making a Home on Pigeon Creek: A Celebration of Lincoln Amphitheater Musicals.” The season kicks off May 14 with a very special evening with author and former “A Prairie Home Companion” host Garrison Keillor.
Individual tickets for each of the 2022 Lincoln Amphitheater Performance Series events are on sale now at LincolnAmphitheatre.com. Ticket prices include concert admission, parking, facility and service fees, and Lincoln State Park entrance fees.
Seating for all shows and sections is general admission. VIP tickets include preferential seating and a free drink voucher redeemable for Pepsi products or beer/wine products. Concessions, Venue Merchandise, and Artist Merchandise will be available for purchase at each event.
The 2022 Lincoln Amphitheater Performance Series includes:
- May 14: Keillor Garrison tonight.
- SOLD OUT: May 21: Electric Avenue – The 80s MTV Experience presented by the Mulzer family of companies.
- June 4: Henry Lee Summer presented by PSC.
- SOLD OUT: June 11: Dirty Deeds – an AC/DC tribute presented by Best Home Furnishings.
- June 23-25: Making a Home on Pigeon Creek: A Celebration of Musicals from the Lincoln Amphitheater presented by MasterBrand Cabinets with support from the Lincoln Drama Association
- July 16: Ana Popovic presented by Kimball International.
- July 23: The Lone Bellow presented by the Spencer County Community Foundation and the Perry County Community Foundation.
- SOLD OUT: July 30: Creedence Revival – a tribute to Creedence Clearwater Revival presented by Spencer Industries & Thermwood.
- August 13: here are the mummies.
- SOLD OUT: September 3: Rumors – Fleetwood Mac tribute presented in part by Hoosier Business Machines & Kyocera.
- September 24: Who’s Who – a tribute to The Who.
- October 1: Midnight Rider – a tribute to the Allman Brothers presented by Hedinger Beverage Distributing Company & Key Associates Signature Realty.
A Sunday afternoon summer series titled “Amp Unplugged” will be added to the 2022 summer offerings, along with a potential movie event in October.
The Lincoln Amphitheater is a majestic 1,500-seat venue and one of the largest fully covered amphitheaters in the United States. It is located in Lincoln State Park in Lincoln City, Indiana, which is the childhood home of Abraham Lincoln.
The place is under the management of the Indiana Destination Development Corporation. Call (812) 937-2329 or email [email protected] for more information.