For more than 30 years, the Main Street Theater and community actors have provided quality programming, ranging from workshops for cherished children to a place where aspiring actors can spread their wings. After a much anticipated renovation, the theater will reopen at 225 Main Street in downtown Sulfur Springs for even more opportunities.
- January 14-15, 7 p.m.- The Heroes– Grammy Awards artists Brad Davis and Joel Weaver perform beloved country classics and original tunes (featuring music by Johnny Cash, The Eagles, Dolly Parton, Chris Stapleton and more)
- January 21-23, 28-30 – Charley’s Aunt– Bursting confusion abounds in this drag-dressing-style comedy Meet the Parents, starring a confused nephew, his fiancÃ©e and his wealthy aunt from Brazil.
- February 11- Fashion show- with Marlene’s Sass & Class
- February 12- Jazz evening
- February 25-26- Night of plays in one act– Presented by local high school students
- March 18-20 25- 27- Barbecue hamlet- Not your high school Shakespeare; wacky characters emerge to pay a unique tribute to life as a member of community theater
- April 22-24, May 1- CHESS presents Treasure Island- Join the Christian school educators at the Sulfur Springs home as they navigate the wayward seas with this classic from Robert Louis Stevenson
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit https://www.communityplayersinc.com/
Sarah Dicus contributed to this report